Wednesday 8 April 2009

8th April

Trying to write my blog but my computer has some problems and I keep getting a network timeout message. My ISP has recently updated their service and I have had this problem since then. It is driving us up the wall. Sometimes I can get online, read and send my emails etc. other times nothing works…. So whilst I am thinking about this I am putting it all onto a windows document to save and paste in later…… grrrrrr….. I hate such inefficiency – I like things to work so that it is all done and dusted!!!

AND WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER KEEPS ASKING ME IF I BLOODY WELL WANT TO UPDATE!!! I TRIED A MONTH AGO AND LOST ALL MY CONTACTS AND HAD TO SYSTEM RESTORE TO GET THEM BACK.. Grrrrrr!!!!!!!

Anyway, got that off my chest for now.

Politics – looks like all of the UK government are on the expenses gravy train. Ho hum – let them all be paupers in their next lives.

Tony Blair is telling the Pope what to do? How can a recent convert to the faith ever understand the fundamentality of Catholicism. At least us born Catholic can understand the doctrine of the faith as it is there from ‘birth’. We are brought up in the faith and are taught what is right and what is wrong – it is a way of life as well as a religion. I consider myself a Roman Catholic and am proud to be in spite of the fact that I do not regularly go to Church to pray or go to confession. I think the last time I went to confession was almost 50 years ago…… Bad? eh? Do I have anything to confess? dunno – I will be judged in due course….

Italian earthquake – horrendous – I feel for those that have lost members of their families and their beautiful homes and had their lives shattered. I pray for them.

Ian – is not here, the house is quieter. Things will settle. Got to get Jeff to rethink his actions – got to be diplomatic – hmmmm.

Jeff – hospital tomorrow – Niort for his radio isotope examination – what fun – I am sure that all will be OK.

English Advertisements – I have noticed (since getting UK TV back) that a lot of ads are in rural/northern/south western/ English – No-one on ads seem to speak like they do in the South East of England. Tell me are those from the SE too posh for ad voice-overs???

Lost a small diamond out of a ring today – don’t think I will ever find it. Dommage!

Apartment nearly ready for redecoration. Will check out kitchenette unit at Castorama in Niort tomorrow. Got to get this done as we have bookings!!!

It is raining – good – it has been far too dry and plants are suffering – especially those recently planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment