Friday 12 December 2008

My first entry - thoughts and me

Oh my, never thought that I would be a blogger. What to do, what to say. Can I put whatever I like, post my joys and disappointments, news, what does a first-timer write? A little about me I suppose.

Who am I? I am a lady (I hope!), a pensioner (just), who lives in France. I have lived here since end July 2001. Who am I with, my husband of course, more about him later methinks!

Why am I here, 'cos I love the place. Wanted to move to France since 1989 when I had my first holiday here.

Things were fine at first. Lovely place, lots of work to do in it. Got it finished (to a degree - bits to be finished off) opened a B&B. Welcomed loads of guests, some really nice people, French, English, Belgian, Dutch, Australian and American. Quite a varied range - so very interesting too. Just love it, the work is hard but so rewarding.

Money not so great though, especially in today's financial climate. For the Eurozone it is OK but for the Brits - wo ho - not so good. At least for the time being it will slow down the migration of English to my part of the world. Got to be deadly serious these days to invest out here.

Our pensions are pathetic right now, we are about 150 euros down each month. Thank you America and Mr Sub Prime, Thank you Mr Brown and Prudence..... makes me sick...

Makes me sound like a miserable old Biddie - hence my blog name.... My youngest daughter called me a Biddie last year. Wow, I have reached Biddie status at last. I am not too bothered, I am a happy bunny - just get a bit p'd off with politicians.

As I continue with my blog over the following months/years (maybe) you will find out more about my life out here and my family in the UK as well as in France.



No comments:

Post a Comment