Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas Day 2009

Woke late... but does it matter.

There are only the two of us - plus Jensen, Bisto and Pixie and the hens and two young cockerels.

Had a lovely shower, dressed, went downstairs with two cats in tow. Both meouwing (is that the right spelling???) for their breakfast.

Last night I swept through and then mopped the floors.... didn't wan't to wake up to grubby floors! Yes, it looked good to me!

Went to bed around 12.30 am having watched a couple of comedy progs on BBC1. I must admit it helped a lot as I laughed and relaxed... Slept so very well. J is still sleeping at the other end of the house. Whether he will come back to our marital bed I do not know, it is his choice to sleep away from me. I must admit that, as I am a person that 'migrates' around the bed at night and likes to wrap the duvet around herself, it is better that I sleep on my own. When J was working shifts I found that I slept so much better when he was on night shift!! J will set his head on his pillow and sleep/snore/kick/talk/snore etc. all night, all the time laying on his back without twisting side to side...... we are definitely incompatible when it comes to sleep.

So this morning, I woke well and felt truly refreshed. Cats were fed, cup of green tea made and pot warmed for his tea. Woke him up around 9.45 - Jensen was let out.... another night of him not peeing in the hall. It is the only place that I trust Jensen at the moment. He is a bit of a 'tea-leaf' (thief) and I don't want him to take things that are not good for him. The hallway is safe for him. Jensen has taken fresh eggs out of the bucket when J has collected them and has played with them and then enjoyed their fresh flavour when broken.... ho hum - got to stop that caper!!

Started cooking dinner around 12.30 - chicken, carrots, roast potatoes and parsnips and fresh brussel sprouts from the garden. A simple Christmas dinner for two. Prawns for starters and Christmas Pudding for dessert. Some bubbly for me (Charles Volner demi-sec)and rose (cabernet sauvignon) for J. Nothing too excessive or alcoholic. It is the first time I have cooked a Christmas dinner for around 6 years......tooo long!

So we have had a relaxing afternoon, catching up on various things and also having some of the wonderful, un-PC, 'Carry On' films on TV, love them! Turns out Liz Frazer has the same family name as me!!!! Hmmm could she be a cousin??

3 comments:

  1. VJinCR is already moaning why couldn't he have a Christmas dinner like yours..preferably cooked by you!
    And I thought I'd done quite well giving him smoked fish for breakfast!
    Isn't Jensen doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will try my damndest to see you next Christmas and will cook for you both!! bonne fete de noel...xx

    ReplyDelete