Monday 14 December 2009

Bargains I think!!

It has been 3 weeks since I have been to Qi Gong. J has been so unwell with Bronchitis that we have both missed the classes. I have really missed being there, enjoying the peace and the movement. I must admit, it sets me up for the week! I have had lots of exercise, walking Jensen two or even three times a day, but Qi Gong is so very different than a solid work-out.

So this morning, I had a session without J. He dropped me off at the class and came to fetch me later. He is still not breathing well and should go back to see our Doctor. She checks him out then writes out a long prescription and off he trots to the pharmacy where the prescription is 'filled' - he then comes home and pulls out of the bag boxes of encapsulated capsules, bottles of little pills, bottles of 'gloop' and another inhaler.... and he does not seem any better. Maybe he needs to see a 'chest man' to thoroughly check his lungs...... Will have to ask the Doctor for a referral.

So, after my class this morning we 'popped' into a large supermarket on the way home. As we are under the threat of snow we thought that we needed to stock up on emergency supplies. Off to the meat counter and what do we find... Boxes of pork, boxes of pork chops, single chops and thick roasting chops.... wonderful - bought 2 boxes. Gave us 9 meals for 17.42 euros - that is meals for 2. Also bought some chicken legs - 6 for 4.41 euro - another 3 meals... works out that meat for 12 meals worked out to 1.82 euro per meal... we have a freezer full of vegetables and also our own potatoes... Also bought some bargain price duck and sausages. Don't need to meat shop until the new year at least. I am very pleased with myself!!

I still haven't written all the Christmas cards yet, I just can't get my head around the fact that this most celebrated event in the Christian calendar is a few days away. There seems to be so much hype about Christmas, it used to be so much simpler even only 15 years ago. Difficult to explain I suppose my thoughts and feelings about it. Easter is so much more important than Christmas within the Christian calendar yet it seems to me that that has lost it's importance. Is it to do with my age or that I have given up on my faith, who knows? I certainly don't.

Had friends round for lunch yesterday. Prepared a lovely carrot and tarragon soup, delicious recipe and so very easy, followed with Beef in Red Wine with potato and celeriac mash and garden peas (all our own). Dessert was a raspberry brulee. We had a light rose wine to start and finished with a Buzet. It all went down very well. This is the first time I have cooked a full meal for RH and SH, in the past it has been barbecues in the summer which is J's 'thing'. I do enjoy cooking for friends and will do a lot more.

2 comments:

  1. VJiCR will be turning his face to the wall and wailing at this menu....
    Wow, you did get some bargains, though, didn't you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right place, right time - you never know what you will find in the stores.... I am so pleased.
    No more checking in that supermarket for another 2 weeks though..... Oh! Carrefour - how you help my pensioners budget...

    ReplyDelete