Wednesday 12 January 2011

January 2011

It has been about 5 weeks since my last post.

How are things??

No different.

We did receive a cheque from our insurers - tick box.

We have had credit from France Telecom - tick box.

I became ill Christmas Day - don't tick box.

Car broke down Boxing Day - don't tick box.

Mechanic came with necessary to mend car - seems it may be beyond economical repair - don't tick box.

Mental breakdown on the way - tick box.

Breaking any mirrors 7/8 years ago - don't tick box.

Why is this going on??

I wake with a positive attitude in the morning.. but it soon disappears... hmmm.

I do pray and ask "why is this happening?" but I don't seem to get an answer.

We are wanting to sell our house and from the 1st of January this year it is obligatoire to have a D.P.E. (Diagnostique de Performance Energetique) done, so we had a local company come to do ours along with checking for termites, woodworm, lead, asbestos and insulation - tick box.

It took two guys around 2 hours to check our house (250 sq m) the part conversion next door and our barns. They did the lot in one hit and it saved us 100+ euro. Any further visits will be free. Fine, we have no problem with that at all - tick box.

We received the report, all 35 pages, and when I got to the DPE, well, I flipped!!
They estimated our fioul consumption for just central heating and hot water to be 3 times more than it actually is!! - don't tick box.

I contacted our immobilier who arranged for them to come and told him exactly what I thought about their report. There is a set formulae for these guys to follow, laid down by the government, but their result was way out. If my bills had been the amount they had quoted I would have had the whole lot ripped out and other heating installed.

I am waiting on the outcome of my 'complaint' about their findings... will be interesting I am sure...

Maybe a few boxes will be re-ticked.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that France all over..instead of asking you if you had any past bills...sensible....they invent one of their blasted co efficients and cock it all up.
    Fingers crossed for re ticking of boxes.

    ReplyDelete