Thursday 9 December 2010

We are now the 9th December. I have been back in La Belle France for a couple of weeks.

It started to snow in the UK as I left, and Normandy all the way to Rouen, was sprinkled with varying depths of snow. I found it really cold. I do not like the cold weather, it makes my joints hurt - not ache, but hurt!

Arrived at our friends home and hubby came to collect me and baggage.

Got home and he had prepared a meal for me - good!!

The next day I started to go through what needed to be done!! (secretary wise!)

Phoned France Telecom and they agreed to refund one months rental and any extra expense I had incurred using my mobile phone providing I sent a copy of the bill with the items highlighted. I did all of that with pleasure...... It even helped improve my French grammar skills..

I am still waiting......

Sent a letter with copy of detailed invoice to Insurance company (bypassing Mme Talon) and am still waiting............

It has been freezing cold here for a few days but then it started to warm up and then we had a lot of rain - the river is looking so healthy I wonder if it will flood..

Dog has been up to his antics. He is only 18 months old and is still a young pup or adolescent. If he sees anything on the move he wants to chase it, trouble is he has (in the past) seen our neighbours chickens moving about and has leapt over their fence and has wanted to play. We have managed to get him away from the chickens without any damage done and kept it under our hats....Oooh, is that a good idea?

So a few days ago the hound decided he would play with the chooks again and our neighbour saw him and chased him off... and then came to see us and let us know what has happened..

Hubby was suitably apologetic and ensured our neighbour that it would never happen again.....

And what happened today? When the hound was being walked this morning he caught sight of a fox! possibly a vixen as it was not a little beast but a larger beast.....

Ah quelle horreur! If this beast decides to take a feast from our neighbours chooks then our dog will get the blame (possibly).

Hm, what action to take - do we let him (our neighbour) know that there is a fox about or keep quiet? We are torn between letting him know and not. Our lovely boy will chase but does not kill - he has caught our chickens but hasn't killed them. Would Mr Sais-tout understand that?

Or am I reading more into this?

Our chickens are not laying at the moment so they are all destined for the pot. Coq au vin, curry, soup etc... poor girls don't know this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment