Friday 13 November 2009

Bisto


And no I am not talking gravy.....


A few weeks ago, friends of ours adopted a rescue puppy. The poor little chap had been born into the most horrendous circumstances in a flat in the local big town... He was a small emaciated black cross breed - he was named Django by his adopted owners. The most adorable little boy ever. I enquired about how they came to get him and was given the name of an English woman who helps re-house unwanted and stray animals. I got in contact with her...


She got in touch with me around 1st November and said that she knew of a black cocker spaniel needing homing. The dog was around 5 years old. I asked whether he was good with cats as I have one cat (having lost Sunny last month) and do not want a dog that could attack the cat. She replied that she knew of a black kitten needing a new home.... well, I jumped at the opportunity.


So, Saturday 7th November off we went to find this kitten, he was in the Vendee, miles away from where we lived, couldn't believe the distance. Anyway, we arrived at the carers house and met this little chap.... He is not black - he is the darkest chocolate brown with the slightest hint of red in his coat.... amazing colour. And, as a bonus, he is fluffy.... apparently his father is an angora cat!


So we brought the little chap home.. he settled in straight away but Pixie has still got a long way to go before she accepts him.... Talk about 'hissy' fits - she can't stand the sight of him at the moment... time will tell though - we will wait and see.
So we have a new member of the family, he has taken to our family life very well and loves to cuddle up to me. He is getting used to our routine and is using the cat-flap without any problems. He is so adorable.....
We did not know what to call this little chap... suggestions from family were:- Satan (oh no!) Midnight, Twix, After 8, (+ other chocolate bars!) and then the day before yesterday I was still trying to find his name when I suggested Oxo, then Bisto.... Well: my dear husband immediately pounced on the name Bisto..... so Bisto it is.
Welcome to our household Bisto... you are adored..

No comments:

Post a Comment