Friday 20 November 2009

Another fine day


And so I awoke feeling very refreshed.... Out of bed by half past eight and raring to go..... unusual for me!
I breakfasted on 'Special K' which my husband thoughtfully bought for me. Is he hinting at something? I wonder.
I thought I would post another picture of Bisto.. this one shows his colour. He has settled in so very well and is beginning to explore further afield.

I went for coffee with some friends yesterday morning, it was very refreshing to sit and catch up and put the world to rights. We were at L's, I hadn't been there in months so I had the opportunity to have a look and see how her renovations were coming on. It was absolutely amazing what had been done. I wish my man would pull his finger out and think about finishing the odds and sods that need doing here. I makes my blood 'simmer' when I see how others are doing and how pro-inactive he is.

So this morning, after the guys (Wwoofer and husband) had gone out to clear and burn rubbish I set to and tackled the kitchen. I must confess that I had been putting the day off but this morning seemed right. The sun was shining and I was in the mood. So all the surfaces were cleared and scrubbed, the 'buffet' which was loaded with 'odds and sods' was stripped off and, again, scrubbed down, the rubbish thrown away and necessary bits put back... Looks good - I wonder how long it will last...

I then tackled our bathroom, we have hard water here and it leaves calcium deposits around the taps and if it is not dealt with quickly then there are problems removing it. The bath, basin and loo are all around 30 years old and are starting to lose their glaze so no amount of scrubbing will bring them up perfectly. I do my best....

It was then coming up to lunchtime and I also had laundry to hang on the line, too much laundry.

I will do more housework tomorrow morning, I have lots of brass to clean, not the best of jobs but someone has to do it! NOT IN THE AFTERNOON!!! I may make some time to do some more work on a painting I have started... hmmm could I get J to cook for me so I won't have to cut my time short? There always seems to be something else for me to do than paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment