Friday 4 June 2010

Short term memory loss!!


We had a lovely conversation at dinner this evening and also a good laugh, and do you know what? neither of us can remember what it was about!! Is there hope for us I ask myself. My thought at the time of this lovely conversation was that it would make a good Blog subject... Oh dear! It will come to me in time I am sure but at the moment - well!!

This week has been wet, very cold with wind from the north and now it is very hot and sunny, apparently it is changing again - we will see! So during the dry days we have cleared weeds, which grew overnight, mowed and generally tidied.

And so over the last few days we have seen a Lib/Dem MP lose his Treasury position in the new coalition cabinet because he had not disclosed that he had a £40,000 expenses claim that is related to his accommodation and homosexual relationship with another man. Why on earth he thought that the general populace would be offended by the fact that he has a 'gay' relationship is beyond me - my goodness, when you look back at some of the Lib/Dem histories then his is within the bounds. I cannot understand some of these men at times.... It seems to me that men have the problems, there is very little scandal attached to women in parliament - it is the men that queer the pitch (if you can excuse the expression!).

We have also had the most dreadful news about the Israeli attack on a peace convoy to Gaza. As far as I am concerned the Israelis should be grateful that they were given some land to settle in 1948 and let the Palestinians live in peace. When push comes to shove they are all, invariably Arab. It is tribe against tribe which has been going on for centuries.

BP are having a tough time of it as well. I heard a guy from BP talking on the TV when the leak first started. The platform boasts the BP sign but - the platform, pipes, employees etc... are all owned by other (American?) companies, so why are BP being penalised and slated by the press? I wonder....

There has also been the awful tragedy in Cumbria. A man, who was obviously in a total mental derangement, killed so many people including his brother.... Oh life is so cruel, I pray for them all.

My little corner of the world is calm, peaceful and unaffected by the outside world. I sit and ponder.

I have started painting doors and door frames. These are the ones that have been put off for the past 3 years.... So far it is looking good and I am enjoying the excercise, I hope to finish within the next month! Himself, well he detests decorating, if I mention the 'd' word he breaks out in a sweat and starts to hyperventilate. So I do it and just ask that he takes care of the bits I can't reach. I don't do ladders, I get vertigo - even up a high ladder!

Years ago when the children were in infant and primary school I went fruit picking. There were very tall apple trees. I could only go halfway up the ladder, I could not go to the top (these are ladders that start of wide at the bottom and narrow at the top). My 'boss' he would go to the top of the tree (around 5 metres)and balance on the tiny top step of the ladder. I felt ill!! So, I don't do high stuff on ladders - I will go so far on household steps and no further. I must admit he is good as he appreciates my 'height' problem. I do suffer with tinnitus and have had a couple of bouts of 'Menieres' and been quite ill, so there is definitely an ear/balance problem with me. At the moment it is quite nice that I can lay on my right side and not hear a thing from the left which is the most affected ear. I don't hear the sparrows chirruping in the morning or the crickets at night. I know that I will eventually go totally deaf in that ear and I am quite prepared for it.

The above picture is of dog daisies in the garden, I have also put a picture of the white wisteria I have in the garden, it is the 2nd time it has flowered and was absolutely beautiful, it is a shame that it finished. I have also been taking pics of plants and shrubs as they flower so more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Love the wisteria...worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was absolutely beautiful, have waited four years to come into full bloom. One of my favourite plants, memories from my childhood and the wisteria over the front of our house! Apparently you can make tea from the flowers but the seeds are deadly!

    ReplyDelete