Tuesday 30 March 2010

Forthcoming elections

I have just watched the channel 4 news, and saw Mr A. Blair giving a speech (or part of) in Trimdon, County Durham. I know County Durham, my mother in law was born and bred in County Durham and I have visited there on many an occasion, and on my visits I did not see a foreign face. (But I love Durham Cathedral - I am sure that St Cuthbert is turning in his grave!)

One of the region's most colourful legends involves the Hartlepool monkey. During the Napoleonic wars around 1805, a French boat was shipwrecked on the beach. The only survivor - a monkey - was presumed to be a French spy, questioned, and hung by the fishermen. This makes me wonder, of course....

Mr Blair is, or was? MP for Sedgefield, County Durham, and thinking about it... there are not many coloured people in that neck of the woods or not many Eastern Europeans. Unless of course someone knows more than me! Could they tell a monkey from a (suspect) politician?

In the S.E of the UK there are gangs of children (mainly black or asian or muslim) killing other children (mainly black or asian or muslim) - with knives.

South of The Wash there are Eastern Europeans possessing other people homes, moving in and changing locks and keeping owners out. There are Eastern Europeans taking Swans, Ducks, Carp etc. from Rivers and Lakes....The list is endless.... Is it happening in the North of the UK and Scotland.. I wish I knew, I do not hear!

That is my thoughts on the UK at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. We are much happier having completely 'disengaged'. We have the headlines on line on here and chose the articles we want to read. Watch BBCiPlayer so have no adverts/news/trailers and again chose what we watch. We have become so cynical about the truth of any of the items anyway that we don't feel that we are missing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rosie, how do you manage to watch iPlayer. I don't seem to be able to..... Aide moi s.t.p,

    ReplyDelete