Thursday 13 August 2009

Motherhood

I have three daughters... Goneril, Regan and Cordelia.....

Goneril - a blue eyed blonde, Regan - a brown eyed brunette, and little Cordelia - a blue eyed blonde...

My three dear daughters..... 1st and 2nd both born 10 days before their due dates.... third born on the day predicted....

Goneril, very enquiring mind, grew up to be a scientist.

Regan, slow did her own thing - with a bit of assistance.

Cordelia, born on due date - did everything exactly.

My concern now is Regan.... she is a mother of three in the process of divorcing her husband. She has child no 1, a lovely boy - father unknown!! Child no 2, a feral daughter. Child no 3, a son with extreme disabilities. No 2 and 3 fathered by the husband who is now being divorced...

Regan was born end of 1972 - she is nearing her 37th birthday. She like to go clubbing every weekend. She leaves child no 2 and 3 with their father I think. Child no 1 (11yrs old) is left to his own devices.... This of course concerns me. I cannot say anything as I am not there in the UK witnessing this.... His stepfather is and so are her neighbours... Word gets back to me.

Goneril and Cordelia visit Regan..... give her hell - they are after all concerned sisters/aunts. They report back to me (Queen Lear??) that her house is an absolute pigsty. Child no 1 is average with his SATS (he is a very bright boy!) child no 2 is kindly talked about by her teachers and child no 3 seems severely neglected.......

What can a grandmother do when she is not in the same country as her grandchildren. As for dear Regan - well I don't know! I sometimes think that she is a changeling. She definitely has a problem - Lord knows what.

She should never have had children.....I think that these grandchildren of mine would be better off with a responsible adult.... I hate to say it but I do not think that Regan will make 40 years....

Do I shrug off responsibility for this daughter? I do not know..... What I do know is that I will not lose sleep over her but I will over her 1st child....

No comments:

Post a Comment