Thursday 8 November 2012


Alcohol dependency


I know I haven’t posted for a few weeks, lots of things have been happening in my life and in the world generally.

Where do I start?

Me, I am fine, am saying what I feel and doing what I want to do. 

Time for me.

Children are fine, grandchildren are fine, I thought about using the word ‘kid’ but I am not a goat and neither are they … just hate that word when it is being used in the wrong context.

Since my last posting we have also been to another friends birthday celebration. He was very good, did not drink to excess and I was happy to be driven home by him, I did suggest that we book a taxi but that was poo-pooed as you can imagine.

I recently took a trip to the UK, a friend offered a lift which I gladly accepted. Bit annoyed though, she has, this time, asked for payment when in the past when I have offered she has said no problem… some issues there methinks, maybe something to do with her offspring!

A dear friend out here invited himself to dinner one evening. She told me the other night that she was a bit concerned that he would get home in one piece considering the amount he had drunk…

So what happens now? I will speak with our doctor and let her know how booze is taking over his evenings.

He starts at around 5.00 pm and then decides to go to bed 4 hours later and he is putting away around three full glasses an hour, and when I say full, I mean to overflowing!  Over 2 bottles of wine an evening? 

He is as fresh as a daisy in the morning – no hangover at all - and as far as I am concerned that speaks volumes.

I thought it would be nice to stay in the UK for a few weeks or months or maybe forever....


   

2 comments:

  1. Two bottles an evening and no hangover? That sounds like a very high tolerance for/dependence on alcohol to me, Trisha, and I do hope you can get some help from the doctor. I'm glad you're OK in yourself - that's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, one positive...you are all right in yourself.
    But that's a small light in a dark place for you with this situation.
    You've spent your life putting your family first..but you have to take thought for yourself if there's no improvement on the horizon soon.

    ReplyDelete