Thursday 9 December 2010

I found the following written on the 14th November, the birthday of Prince Charles and also our eldest daughter:-



Sunday

So far we have been without a telephone line for 1 week, sept jours.

That means we have also been without internet.

We do have a mobile phone but that is only for short local calls.

Our neighbour, who is French, lost his line on Wednesday, two days after we lost ours.

He got his line back on Saturday.

Are we happy?

No, no, no, we are NOT!!

We have no idea about our English neighbours, we don’t speak with them.

Tomorrow I, (you do it better than me) will phone France Telecom and ask them if they have a racist policy (yes, I am joking). I will demand that they repair our line and give us recompense for the week that we have lost.

I will ask my dear French neighbour, who has so generously offered his assistance, to phone them and speak to them with our (my) demands, he is so genuinely ‘good’ he will do this for us.

Hopefully it will result in a success.

And we are still waiting for a cheque from the insurance company (Hah!).

We have also had a lot of rain.

Coming through the ceiling of my laundry room.

Why?

Because around 7 years ago a new roof was put on the hangar attached to the house and guttering was not replaced.

Every rainy season I have said to my other half that the guttering needs to be done – he has said “yes, OK”.

Is this a valid reason for divorce?

And so we (I) have, again, water pouring through the ceiling.

Had an immobilier come to visit. “Can you claim on the insurance?” he asked. ‘Not with ours!’ I thought!

We do have someone who will come and do the guttering, we have all the parts needed, and I just want to get it done!

But he (the builder) is waiting for a weather window.

So am I.

Weather: somewhere warm and sunny, without the hassle of house, and land, and husband; just a place where I can relax and be me. Fat chance!.

Went to a local Amateur Dramatic Society production last night.

Absolutely brilliant! (t’was ‘Allo, Allo!) and we knew some of the cast!

And for a bonus, we ran into some people we had not seen for many months, or even years.

At least they now know that we are still around.

Also met another couple that have been here 5 minutes.

I did so want to sell them a yarn:

“Oh yes, we have been here forever and have bought a chateau and have eight children (three of which are in prison – one being a so gay politician) and had won the lottery which is why we could buy the said chateau which needs millions spending on it to make it liveable as well as our properties in Florida, Spain and Tuscany, have a couple of lovers each, his cutie twenties (helped with the blue pill) and my toy-boy, guru, personal trainer, hmm that is why I look soooo young, and umpteen grandchildren between our five marriages” etc. etc….

Have got to get my man into the storytelling mode, I could follow his lead!!!

What business is it of total strangers as to how long we have been here, how would they react if we asked them loads of personal questions?

It really annoys me – not him – just me. I am a private person and will give out info to those that need to hear – mind you, I am writing a blog (anonymously?) but there are the ‘chosen few’ out there who know who I am.

1 comment:

  1. Such nosy parkers, aren't they?
    As if it is any of their business!

    ReplyDelete