Monday 18 January 2010

Grandchildren

Today, my grandson Terry is in hospital having surgery. He is having his 'hips' broken and reset. One of his hips is totally dislocated the other is partially dislocated. Terry is five and a half years old. He has cerebral palsy, he also has micro-cephaly and epilepsy. Poor little chap has many problems and his mother is doing a fantastic job of caring for him. She also has a son, Tom, who was twelve years old on Saturday, a brilliant young lad who has a time-consuming interest in both mythology and astrology, and also a daughter, Tasha, who is 7 years. The father of both Terry and Tasha is not in the family equation, there is a divorce in progress - irreconcilable differences as well as mental cruelty (him).
I know that my daughter is going through all sorts of emotions at the moment. I have suggested that she starts a blog, progressing her life with Terry. She has been through a lot since he was born, but then she is the one to chronicle his life and hers. I am not in the same country and only know as much as I am told.
In spite of my children being grown-ups and living hundreds of miles away from them I still worry myself about them and their lives.... Once a mother, always a mother.....

No comments:

Post a Comment