Friday 30 September 2011

Moving house

Still no date, so we are people in waiting.

Am slowly going through all the bits that need packing and leaving behind.

Had a look down our capacious barns and what did I find; loads of cardboard boxes slowly falling apart and wrapped contents spilling out.

These boxes contained some of the unwanted possessions, given to our daughter, of a lovely English lady who returned to the UK after re-marrying. Our daughter used to 'do' for her, gardening, cleaning and, most importantly, taking time to listen.

I was horrified to see all these items there, it is, in a way, soul destroying knowing that these were just left.

I have checked through all the boxes and cleaned up the contents, re-wrapped and will take them to our local Emmaus for sale.

Not only do I have these items to check and pack but also the items that our daughter left in her house including baby 'stuff'. Daughter came out for a few days last month and didn't even look in her half finished house.

I am so disappointed in her.

So, as you can imagine I am not happy with the situation and himself just sits there and says 'take it a day at a time, you will get it done'. Harrumph!!

At the moment I am constructing boxes (brought out by son-in-law) and filling and labelling them, one by one.

In about six weeks we should be moved into our new home. I am beginning to feel a little bit stressed and am waking in the early hours with all sorts of things going through my mind.

I know I can get the packing done, after all, this time I am not in full time employment and arranging a move, I have all the time in the world!! Ha!

This 'Old Biddie' is looking forward to this next 'change of life'.

3 comments:

  1. Lists, lists and more lists - especially by the bed so that you can write down the things you are thinking of in the middle of the night and go back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it works! I have been wandering around the internet trying to find out how to comment on people's blogs again and I have unchecked the stay signed in box and gone to tools, internet options, privacy, advanced privacy and unblocked third party cookies and one or both of these has worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get there, Trisha, but it must be made harder by having to sort and pack other people's stuff as well as your own. Bon courage.

    ReplyDelete