Monday 3 May 2010

We are getting closer and closer to the general election in the UK. Strangely enough I was having a chat with a friend from Mauritius on Saturday evening and she said that the same is happening in her home country. They also follow the 'Westminster' example of government to the letter. I will have a look and see the outcome of their elections as well as the UK's. I wonder what will happen in the UK. So far, from what I have heard and seen, it seems that the Labour party days are outnumbered. I am so sad for the UK, the country I love has changed so much over the last few years... Will it ever be the same, who can tell?

The month of May has started with clouds.... lots of clouds, which are welcome. My man had planted seeds in the potager but did not bother to water them in - I think he was waiting for nature to take over which it has eventually done!! We now have peas showing their first shoots after a few drops of rain - goody, nothing like fresh garden peas. Love them!!

Am going to get underway with further decorating in the house, it really needs to be done. The last time it was decorated must have been 7 years ago and there is a lot of it to do, thank heavens for Magnolia paint!! There is so much to do but I would rather be putting paint on canvas or board rather than walls and ceilings. I have so many ideas flowing through my mind and would like to concentrate on those ideas than the reality of life. Ho hum..... maybe later.

Garden is looking pretty reasonable. Bulbs have finished and now seeds and the perennials are making their mark. Boy does the grass grow quickly, just finished mowing and it has grown another half an inch! Such a time consuming chore but it has to be done otherwise we are waist hight in grass in no time at all. I have had to cut back really hard some shrubs that were affected by the long cold winter but they are now throwing out new shoots and coming on very well. Clematis are fine but one has to go as it is truly dead in spite of all efforts to get it going again! Will have to find a temporary replacement, maybe a canary creeper to take up the space. I have a small pomegranate shrub that I grew from seed in a pot, it looks as though I might have lost that as well. I keep having a look as it shows its leaves later than other plants, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment