Friday 7 May 2010

Hung Parliament

Whenever I hear the expression 'Hung Parliament' I have a mental picture of Members of Parliament strung up in a row by their necks. Am I the only person that sees them thus?

I wrote the first sentence a few days ago. We now have a new government in the UK, Mr Cameron and Mr Clegg. It will be interesting to follow their effect over the next few weeks or months.

At last it is all done and dusted. We can all get on with our lives and hope that all works out for the good.

Here we have had rain, thunderstorms, lightning, power cuts, high winds and sunshine, typical weather this time of year. Ha! la Belle France, sunshine all the way - I think not. With the warmth and the wet the veg are growing - so are the weeds!! Extra work in the garden for we two pensioners ho hum. At least my Man is well and coping with it. He did have a little set back but he went to our 'Medecin' and she sorted him out with another large prescription of remedies. Nipped in the bud this time I am glad to say.

Not only has my Man had problems but also Jensen. Poor pup, he has a knack of finding all sorts of rubbish to ingest. He has also been plagued with intestinal worms... Not nice at all. We bought a remedy from the pharmacy, wrong move according to the vet. He went for the 'strong' option and also prescribed some antibiotics, gave him three jabs in his shoulder and also a laxative.... Poor boy! The following day (Saturday) he could barely move. The site of the injections was swollen and hot and had obviously affected his muscles in his shoulder. Sunday though, wow - he was back to normal. He would come up to me and give me a nudge, then he would indicate with a nod of his head to go outside. Then find his ball and drop it at my feet. "come on Mum, give it a kick! Please!!" Yes he is fine now, still has a little swelling in his shoulder but it is not stopping his play. At least if my Man is not well he can tell me so I understand but with a dog it is so difficult.

Car is on the mend at last. It turns out that our local garagiste told my Man that if he swapped the tyres on the front wheels that it would stop the 'wobble' that I have been experiencing. My Man thought that he didn't know what he was talking about. So, after a bit of a heated discussion (known as a row!) today, he changed them over.... Now the car drives without a wobble..... Hmmmmm 'nuff said. There is still work to be done on the car - I will be so glad when it is finished - I have plans!!! watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. The way things have been going reminds me of ten green bottles as one after another lost his seat in the elections.
    Nothing quite like the fabled Michael Portillo moment,though.

    Good luck with the plans!

    ReplyDelete